[K12OSN] All-in-one LCD / Thin Client?

Stevn Bartley stevn.bartley at ints.com
Tue Nov 23 15:12:28 UTC 2004

John,

I have been working with thin client technology for several years now
and work very closely with Wyse.  I have learned that the all-in-one
solutions generally become a pain and a extra cost.  The problem is that
to get the price point of these systems down to an affordable amount,
they generally use sub-standard parts which tend to fail fairly quickly.
  For our solutions, it is much cheaper to put a solo LCD panel with a
very small footprint thin client behind the LCD.  Something like the
J125 from disklessworkstations.com (LTSP/K12LTSP) or the 5125SE or
5150SE from Wyse (embedded Linux).

Hope that helps.

Stevn Bartley
System Administrator