[K12OSN] RE: server spec

Quigg, Dale dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Tue Nov 23 20:17:34 UTC 2004

> From: John Baillie <jbaillie at stmarys-school.org>
> Subject: [K12OSN] server spec

<snip>
> I was going to purchase a Dell (school would prefer 3 year warranty) for
> the K12 but now I'm going to have to build two servers one k12 and one
> win 2003. I have never built a server and the choices are overwhelming
> me a bit. I will be hashing over my notes with the LUG this evening.
> Basically I need to keep the cost of each server at under 3K. I'm
> thinking a two disc scsi system, 4 GB RAM processor tbd.
<snip>

I saved this post with the title "Awesome K12LTSP Info"

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:53:38 -1000
From: "R. Scott Belford" <scott at hosef.org>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP demo - any suggestions?
<snip>
Incidentally, our new build list is now this one:
http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1031978
<snip>

If you're just putting together a K12LTSP server (and it's not a file
server) then my understanding is that you can skip the SCSI pieces.  This
would bring the total to about $2600 (not including the switch also included
in the list).

Hope this helps.
DaleQ

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.