[K12OSN] strange bug

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed Nov 24 02:50:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 03:56, Ascension Tech wrote:
> I'd like to follow you suggestion:
>
>  You could have numbered or lettered accounts with no password -

-snip-

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:23:41 +0200, Andy Rabagliati <andyr at wizzy.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Ascension Tech wrote:
> > > I noticed something really strange in 4.2 beta2.   It happens when I'm
> > > logged in as the same user on multiple terminals.  If i start OOwriter
> > > on one terminal and then try to open it on a second terminal, another
> > > instance of OOwriter pops up on the first terminal!   Nutty huh?  I do
> > > hope that one gets fixed because I don't want to have to make users
> > > for prek, K , and 1st grade.
> >
> > Doctor, it hurts when I do this !!
> >
> > Don't do that, then ..
> >
> > Seriously, it is a feature of many progams now. Mozilla will do the
> > same. No good way around it either. It happened in 3.x as well.
> >
> > You could have numbered or lettered accounts with no password -
> >
> > login: z
> >
> > Cheers,    Andy!

Yeh, it's a feature and multiple/repeat logins has been discussed
before.  It's in the archives.

The best solution for Years K,P & 1-3s, that has been proffered before
on this list, would be a kiosk arrangement whereby logins and passwords
are NOT needed.  This has been discussed and can be found in the K12LTSP
archives.  Look for kiosk.

Alternatively, I believe you could have the older students login with
specific user names but no password.  Again, it's in the archives.

Catch 22:  there is info in the archives about not getting good search
results from the archives.  Doh!  I seem to remember that the problem is
that it's case sensitive.  HTH.

--
	Regards,

	Gavin Chester