[K12OSN] Scanning from Client

Peter Deakin k12ltsp at trinityschool.org.uk
Thu Nov 25 21:32:18 UTC 2004

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

>Okay, I finally have a new test server with 4.2.0 Beta #1 running at home.  So
>for now I have two questions.

>I want to install my Epson Perfection 1260 scanner onto the usb port of a
>DisklessWorkstation Term 150.  I am currently booting into Gnome but would
>like to use Kooka (as it looks like the only built in option I can see) to
>scan with.  Does anyone have a place to start?  I of course tried to just plug
>the scanner in and fire up Kooka and import, but I have no devices listed to
>import from.

>I want to use my usb keychain on the local port of the Term 150.  How do I get
>this to work?  Again I of course tried to just plug it in but nothing
>happened.  I am attempting this with a Lexar 512MB Jumpdrive.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim Kronebusch
>Cotter Tech Department
>507-453-5188

Hi
This was a post on the LTSP list from Peter Eherberg 29/09/04.
I have set up an Epson 1260 today on 4.1.1 which works perfectly
scanning with xsane into the GIMP.

quote

I'm glad to announce the add on package ltsp_sane-1.0.4.

The ltsp_sane package here is a add on package for a LTSP X-Terminal
to let a application running on your server access a scanner plugged
to your X-Terminal. This package based on the Scanner Access Now Easy
project (SANE, www.sane-project.org).

The original author of this package is Robert Stanford. All my thanks
is going to Robert. My only work consists in make Roberts package work
with LTSP version 4.1. Any praise is going to Robert any blame to me.

Download page: <URL:http://www.dipe.de/~pe/ltsp_sane/>

Regards

Peter Deakin
www.trinityschool.org.uk