[K12OSN] Linux back online!

Jason tuxnician at execulink.com
Fri Nov 26 01:01:38 UTC 2004

Some interesting developments have happened over the last week or so.

Seems management has reversed it's decision about Linux and anything
else that is not Microsoft.

Since some public officials outside the board were interested in our
LTSP and Open Source initiatives management thought it would be best to
allow it to continue.  (Open Mouth insert foot syndrome).

I'm happy to let you know that the original LTSP in a K-8 school is
doing well and there will be about 4 more that will be installed.  One
will be in a dual boot situation (Dell's booting with PXE) and should
once cancel PXE they can boot into Windows as needed.

Another server will be installed in a Secondary school.  I'm excited
about being a part of it and I've kept a lot of your messages since they
have great ideas and suggestions.

I'm really interested in what the response will be from the senior
students.  I'm sure they will try to hack away at it and it's not a
concern for me. A good test to be sure. :)

One elementary teacher will be using it for graphics editing.

I'll keep you posted as they probably won't start until next year.

Jason