[K12OSN] 4.2.0 beta #3 - Network install fails - with non default language

Gustav Kramer gj.kramer at planet.nl
Fri Nov 26 08:25:37 UTC 2004

G'Day.

It seems K12LTSP no longer likes either Canadians, the Dutch or Germans!
I tried to install beta 3 over my network last night/this morning.  The
installation went fine until the point where you choose to use default
packages or to customize your package selection.  Once I hit next, I
got:

An unhandled exception has occurred.  This is most likely a bug.  Please
copy the full text of this exception and file a detailed bug report
against anaconda at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "usr/bin/anaconda", line 1165, in ? intf.run(id, dispatch,
configFileData)
  File
"/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 507,
in run dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py",
line 171, in gotoNext self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py",
line 239, in moveStep rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py",
line 1552, in selectLanguageSupportGroups
grpset.hdrlist[req].addDeps([package],main = 0)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 422, in _getitiem_ raise
KeyError, "No such package %s" %(item,) KeyError: 'No such package
man-pages'

This was true with both graphical and text mode on two different
machines.  The error happened whether I chose  to install the default
packages or customize the packages to install.

As I read over the trace I noticed the error in
selectLanguageSupportGroups.  Since the language selection is one of the
things I changed I've just tried it again with the default English (US)
and it is happily installing as I type this.

The changes I tried to make were to add:

Dutch (Netherlands)
English (Canada) - Default
German (Germany)

I'm positive that I installed the previous betas with that same language
selection!

If necessary I can try the languages one at a time but I suspect it
won't make a difference and right now I have to head to the office!

- gustav