[K12OSN] Beta 4 packages "broken"

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 29 05:34:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Eric Smith wrote:

> Same problem from 4.2.0 beta 2. Synaptic and apt-get list the following
> packages as broken and refuse to do any installs/updates unless they are
> removed:
>
> Atomix
> Celestia
> K12ltsp-core
> K12ltsp-utils
> tuxpaint-config
>
> Any ideas as to a fix?

Run "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade" again and post the actual errors
reported by apt.

I fixed a dependancy problem with celestia & k12ltsp-utils.

I don't see anything wrong with atomix, k12ltsp-core, or tuxpaint-config.
I'm testing from a couple of development machines (remote access), so
they do not have a 100% clean version of K12LTSP. I won't have access
to do an install on fresh hardware until monday or tuesday...

-Eric