[K12OSN] Server/Client Performance

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Nov 29 17:52:01 UTC 2004

Hello all,
    I'm hoping to set up a very small K12LTSP deployment for a local
church in the near future using donated (trashed, actually) hardware and
I have a question regarding performance.  I've got a pretty low-end PC
here that I want to use as the server: a P-233 with 256MB RAM.  What
kind of performance can I expect for 2 clients connected to this machine
for use as a Web Browsing/Word Processing cluster?  Is it a safe
assumption that the clients would perform these tasks about as well as
the server itself?

--
C-ya,
Mark