[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 9, Issue 134

Ryan Collins collinsr at kentoncityschools.org
Tue Nov 30 16:10:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 haynest at mchsi.com wrote:
> > Also, I still can't burn a bootable Disk 1. I ended up doing a clean
> > network install from the install boot iso, but I tried burning the disk1
> > iso both with Nero in Windows XP and using nautilus in Ubuntu linux
> > (debian based). Neither would boot.
>
> FWIW, I spent way too long trying to do a hard drive install on this machine.
>
> Finally I just gave up and burned the three CD's for the CD install.
>
> That boot/install process is creating headaches all around.

Check the md5 checksums to make sure the iso downloaded correctly. This
bit me last year with the ipcop iso. I kept having install issues, I even
downloaded the iso a couple of times, but it the checksum didn't match up.
I finally got a good copy downloaded. I now always check the checksum
before burning.

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator
Kenton City Schools