[K12OSN] XFree86 4.3

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Tue Nov 30 16:26:56 UTC 2004

jam at mcquil.com wrote:

>Norbert,
>
>There isn't a 4.4 Xfree86 for the LTSP clients.  We switched to X.org.
>
>If you could give us a clue what the error message looks like, we might
>be able to help.
>
>Jim McQuillan
>jam at Ltsp.org
>

>On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, norbert wrote:
>

>>HI,
>>
>>After upgrading my K12ltsp from 4.0.1 to 4.1.1 some client machines started to
>>display an error message saying that there was a problem with XFee86 V4.3.
>>I upgraded the server to XFree86 4.4 but the clients are still getting V4.3,
>>how or what do I change so that the clients use 4.4
>>
>>thanks for the help
>>
>>norbert

Hi Jim,

This is the error message...

Error activating XKB configuration
Probably internal X server problem

X server version data:
The Xfree 86 project inc:
4030000
You are using Xfree 4.3.0.
There are known problems with complex XKB configuations try using
simpler configurations or taking more fresh versions of Xfree software

If you report this situation as a bug please include:

The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
The result of Gfconftool -2 -r/Desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/XKB

Since I'm not at the lab now I can't give you the output of xprop nor
Gfconftool.

thanks for the help
norbert