[K12OSN] Accton en1207/c-tx nics

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 13:48:58 UTC 2004

Hello,

Here is how I would identify the chipset to find the
right etherboot. This is very similar instructions to
find the chipset for video cards.

1. Boot one of the boxes in question with a rescue
disk (toms root boot is my fav.!).

2. at the prompt type this: 'cat
/proc/bus/pci/devices/'

3. The second column of numbers are the pci id's of
the devices in the system. Write these 8-digit numbers
down.

4. Next, go to:
http://rom-o-matic.net/5.2.5/etherboot-5.2.5/src/bin/NIC

this is a list of all the etherboot supported nics and
their drivers. Search through the etherboot list and
try to match one of them with your list.

Etherboot writes pci id's different. It is in hex and
they separate the vendor id (first 4 digits) from the
device id (last 4 digits). For example: I have many
cards with a pci id of 10b79050 but etherboot writes
it like this: 0x10b7,0x9050

I hope this information helps.

Chris

-- Martin Woolley <sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk>