[K12OSN] flushing out my backlog... testing for version 4.1.1, followed

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Fri Oct 1 15:30:46 UTC 2004

Eric

The K12LTSP distribution is fine the way it is.  If someone else wants
to add these packages to a different "flavor" of Linux, more power to
them.  I am an educator - who just happens to be interested in computers
and hence I became technology coordinator.  I love the fact that this is
an "all-in-one" package.  I don't want to play Linux politics and argue
one "flavor" against another.  You chose RedHat - which became Fedora -
and that is fine.

Most of us in K12 need a complete distribution like this.  We don't want
to - don't have time for - don't need to -..... install Linux and then
put K12LTSP on top of that.  Most of use are coming from Windows servers
and don't have a great deal of experience with Linux.  We need to be
able to put a few CDs in and have an inclusive install.

K12LTSP is a beautiful distribution.  It somply WORKS and works well.
As Eric says below, there is no reason to start over from scratch.

Thank you, Eric, for all you do and for sharing your expertise, wisdom,
and hard work with us.  I am very grateful for the distibution that you
have put together.

Long Live K12LTSP !!!!!!!!!!!!!