[K12OSN] Open Office on Windows

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Oct 1 17:17:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 10:13:03AM -0700, Huck wrote:
> If I were still the classroom teacher of computer apps, I would be using
> OO.(full network admin now instead).
> I had purchased 1 copy of each of the books from the Calc,Writer,
> Presenter, and one that was an Essesntials Compendium of all three together.
> They books were well written(by the doc lady who did Star Office's I
> believe).
> I can't find the website and my feable google'n attempt didn't come up
> with a recognizable hit.

This one?

  http://nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0596008260

Looks like an O'Reilly book.  Doing a Google on the author's name comes
up with:

  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1899

Which says:

  "Jean Hollis Weber has a Master of Science degree [...] She
  maintains several web sites, including one for technical editors and
  one about OpenOffice.org."

Here's her OOo site:

  http://www.taming-openoffice-org.com/

Enjoy!