[K12OSN] Openoffice Menus (revisited)

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Oct 4 14:37:01 UTC 2004

For some reason I can't find the right thread searching the k12osn
archive...  I know that the topic has come up here before, and I dont'
remember if there was a solution.

I have several clients that require the XF86_SVGA driver to run at
800x600, and all is well, except that openoffice is crazy.  The menus
take 2-3 seconds to build, and traversing them with the mouse results in
unbearable mouse studder, etc.  Also, the fonts look terribly blocky.

I had to do the unthinkable today, and direct the teacher to rdesktop
and connect to a windows terminal server to use Microsoft Word.
Definitely not what I wanted to do...

Was there ever a solution to the problem?

K12LTSP 4.0.1 server
Old IBM computer as thin client, with 1MB cirrus video chipset.

-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director