[K12OSN] CISCO vpn client for linux

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Tue Oct 5 14:24:56 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have rolled out a K12LTSP 4.0 cluster of 5 servers (I could upgrade
but I just got this installation working and am going to wait a while)
and now that we have all the equipment in we are told that the client
needs to use a $MS product. The vendor does not offer a Linux version
so....

The first step is to set up a vpn link. The vendor uses CISCO 3000
series product and has sent along a copy of the cisco vpn client
version 4.6.00.0045-k9.

This requires the kernel source to install. That was fun to install.

When I start the daemon I get messages about tainting the kernel, which
concerns me. Should I be concerned? I think so.

Is anyone running this vpn client?

If so, does it work well or have problems?

Thanks

Lewis