[K12OSN] help deciphering a log file from a crash

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Oct 6 22:48:01 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, October 6, 2004 at 5:21 PM +0000 wrote:
>FWIW, the 2.6.8 kernel has been running fine under significant load on
>other hardware for a while now. Makes me think it's something specific
>to that hardware/kernel combination.

The weird thing is....everything's been running fine and continues to
except these two instances....the strange thing is....same class...(which
I only see every third day....saw them last Friday and we had the same
thing happen)....same type of freeze although the kernel message did not
show up in the Oct. 1st log....almost the exact same time....give or take
five mins.  Very weird!  If it happens a third time....that's it!  I'm
never letting that class back into the lab!  ;-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us