[K12OSN] Netware and K12LTSP

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at coll-outao.qc.ca
Fri Oct 8 14:56:23 UTC 2004

Sorry for the delay, smtp problems here.

Answers inserted in the text below:
Dave Tisdell wrote:

>Hi Guy,
>I deciphered the gecos error. In the nds field "full name" there was a
>comma between the first and last name. I removed the comma and was able
>to login. It seems that a home directory was created for me on the fly
>in /home but I don't see my home directory from the novell server.

Its under /home/YourAccount/nwhome.

> In the edits that were suggested, does one of those instruct ncpfs to mount
>the Novell volume where the home directory resides?

Defaults to nwhome, its coded in ncpfs. I suggest you dont change it.

>Do I have to make sure there is an accurate entry in NDS for the location of the home
>directory?

I didn't. The only real problem i got is account starting with a number instead of a alphabet.

You say that the "It seems that a home directory was created for me on the fly", how do you know this? the log files is clear if the mounting failed or not.