[K12OSN] OT: Anyone got experience of Tomcat (windows and linux)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Oct 8 17:30:10 UTC 2004

Sorry I can't help you there.  I only messed with Tomcat in Windows, and
that was so long ago I probably wouldn't be much help there either.

Good luck.

Ah, I think I might not have explained correctly:

I have History Education CD, which installs a Tomcat and a MySQL server
on Windows. It then copies a load of videos and clips and text onto this
server.

However we dont have a (permanent) windows server. So i want to create
do the installation on a temporary Windows server and then copy the
data, from server to server. i.e. like if it was apache i would copy
c:\httpd\htdocs directory to the /var/www/html directory.

Whilst I'm ok moveing the MySQL data from server to server, i'm not so
sure about the Tomcat...

However as i don't have experience of setting up Tomcat on Linux, I'm
looking for help setting it up the Tomcat on Linux. As i cant even see
where $catalina_home is, or where it is even meant to be!

---