[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1.1 officially released

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Oct 8 17:41:08 UTC 2004

> Not to beat a dead horse, but it tends to be slow going when
> I'm the only person doing QA testing ;-)
>
> If you are interested in seeing things move along a little
> quicker, give the packages I've built a spin & report back
> your successes, failures, and suggestions...
>
> Now that 4.1.1 is out the door, I hope it won't take too much
> longer for me to back-port the changes to RHEL3.
>
> -Eric

For what it is worth my install of 3.1.2 onto a new Dell with SATA RAID
5 went without a hitch.  I also installed it onto a dual PIII box that
constantly hung with Fedora and it runs awesome.  I unfortunately have
not had much time to do testing of the apps or of it in a lab
environment but from what I see it is stable as all get out.  Only thing
I noticed is it seemed to be lacking in the amount of Edutainment
programs available with the official releases.  I also noticed that when
I install the LTSP packages on and other distro it also seems to be
missing the other packages.  But other than that (which I am sure is my
problem) things seem awesome.  But I probably don't do sufficient
testing for your needs.

Thanks for your efforts.

---