[K12OSN] Re: No more web browser icon?

Jimmy Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Wed Oct 13 12:43:36 UTC 2004

Calvin Park wrote:

> One of my technicians last night was playing around on the server
> (something that
> won't continue happening) and managed to delete the web browser icon
> off
> of the quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, as well as from
> the
> "internet" menu. Not only on his own desktop (I wouldn't care) but he
> somehow deleted it from ALL desktops. Any ideas on how to get the icon
> back?

Calvin,

You didn't say whether you are using Gnome, KDE, or Icewm.  If you are
using Icewm, I may be able to shed a little light. There is one menu
that does the job for everyone, and then it is also possible to
override that and have your own menu/toolbar if you have your own
.icewm/ directory in your home directory.

I believe that the global icewm menu/toolbar are in /etc/icewm/  At
least, that's where they are in K21LTSP 3.12.  They may have moved in
4.x, but you should still be able to find them.  Try this command:

locate icewm/toolbar

Find that menu and toolbar and make the needed changes to them and all
should be well.  Then, if your tech wants to customize, have him copy
them to a directory named .icewm/ in his home directory.

Peace,
Jimmy