[K12OSN] restart verynice without rebooting?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Oct 13 15:38:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 08:10, David Trask wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but I'm drawing a blank....how can I restart
> "verynice" without rebooting?  I changed the conf file  /etc/verynice.conf
>  and I want to have it take effect....trying to calm down Firefox a little
> bit.  How can I do it?   PS....  service verynice restart   does not work

For some reason they made the service name verynice.init:

	service verynice.init restart

When you run "service", it looks in /etc/init.d/ for the script
you requested. In other words, "/etc/init.d/verynice.init restart"
is exactly the same as "service verynice.init restart".

So if you are unsure of what a particular service's init scripts
are called, look in /etc/init.d/

-Eric