[K12OSN] doing the pivot_root server not responding

Pete pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Thu Oct 14 20:17:45 UTC 2004

John A. Smith wrote:

>>Did the newbie read the basic documentation???
>>

>Yes . . . and I googled for quite a while too.

The Doc from James McQuillan?
Page 11
2.3 Configuring the services needed by LTSP
http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/ltsp-4.1/ltsp-4.1-0-en.pdf
ltspcfg is mentioned there no...?

Also from that doc (page 30)
Is tftp running?
netstat -anp | grep ":69"
Should return 1 line : udp ....
Check /etc/inetd.conf
tftp dgram udp wait ...
This line is NOT commented out?
in
/etc/xinetd.d/tftp
make sure the service tftp section is enabled
(disable=no) not yes

 From the logs you send it is either this or NFS
Is the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory listed in /etc/exports?
If not chances are you didn't run ltspcfg properly
See pages 31 and up in the above mentioned doc.

If TFTP is running we will troubleshoot NFS, let me know

Peter