[K12OSN] sshvnc tools

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Oct 15 13:08:28 UTC 2004

I don't know if it would help you or not, but you might try running

ssh -L 3700:ltspserver:5900 ltspserver

from the remote site to your ltsp server (ltspserver), and then on the remote
client run vncviewer and point it at localhost:3700.  This will run your vnc
traffic through the SSH tunnel created in the first step.  Using sshvnc does all
this for you automatically, as others have pointed out.  But trying this might
tell you something about where your problem is depending on whether it works or not.

Petre