[K12OSN] Intrigue !!!!

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Sat Oct 16 01:20:38 UTC 2004

norbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this is off topic but I had to share this "gem"......
>
> The school board into which we have had fantastic success with K12ltsp
> in the schools has "announced" that they will replace at their cost the
> teacher computers, most of which are circa P-I !!!, with new Windows
> thin-clients.
>
> Now the "kicker", after arguing with us that their strategic direction
> was to centralize all the servers, hence why the board was NOT
> supporting K12LTSP deployment, the board is offering to set-up & install
> locally SUN Servers to run the Windows thin-clients.
>
> First comment - how in hell do you run a Windows thin-client from a SUN
> server and second why would anyone in their right mind agree to this.
>
> enjoy
> norbert

It does sound a bit contradictive. Being for K12LTSP and wanting to go
Windows, running Windows off or against Sun servers....

Could it be a misunderstanding from someone to whom everything with a
GUI and icons is 'Windows'?

A kid from school asked me yesterday: "So when are you going to put XP
on the computers...?", he was looking over my shoulder as I was setting
up a template IceWM LTSP client...

cheers
Samps