[K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Sun Oct 17 03:00:29 UTC 2004

David Trask wrote:
>> ++++++++++++
>> Assuming that I mount the export of LTSPhome as "home" on the K12LTSP
>> server....since I'm authenticating to the SME server anyway...I shouldn't
>> need or be bothered by a password at all right?  Especially when dealing
>> with my "own" home directory.
>> ++++++++++++
>>

> That is a fair assumption. Since you're logged in, your credentials are
> known to the E-smith. Is there a variable in Linux like $PASSWORD or
> $SMBPASSWORD? If so, replace the crdentials=./.creds.txt with
> username=$USER,password=$PASSWORD and it should mount during login...
> Another thing I'll have to try tomorrow.

 From the samba.org page on SMBMOUNT:

username=<arg>

     specifies the username to connect as. If this is not given, then
the environment variable USER is used. This option can also take the
form "user%password" or "user/workgroup" or "user/workgroup%password" to
allow the password and workgroup to be specified as part of the username.
password=<arg>

     specifies the SMB password. If this option is not given then the
environment variable PASSWD is used. If it can find no password smbmount
will prompt for a passeword, unless the guest option is given.

Looks promising.

:-)
Samps