[K12OSN] can't access samba shares from winxp

Thomas E. Haynes haynest at mchsi.com
Sun Oct 17 23:40:05 UTC 2004

> > Dear Folks,
> > 	what do I need to do to have full access to samba
> shares from a winxp
> > computer? The win98 and win2k boxes have no problem finding
> the shares

We have a Windows network at school. The kids have laptops with XP Pro and
have a mapped drive that is for network storage. We serve up userdir web
pages from this as well. When kids have had a machine reimaged, sometimes
they get to class and need to remap. It all works the way it is supposed to
work.

The samba machine authenticates against the domain, and it all works very
well. The file server and two other linux machines show up in the network
neighborhood.

I am not the biggest expert, but if you think it might help, I'll send you
my conf file.

Regards...   Tom