[K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

dale dalen at czexan.net
Tue Oct 19 14:40:09 UTC 2004

Hello,
	I wanted to get a wiring opinion from the list.  I need to extend a
network from a school office to a few adjacent buildings.  Each building
will have 5 or less workstations or LTS clients.  The lengths are less
than 30m.  I am considering running cat5e/6 thru metal conduit -vs-
fiber.  I am concerned with ground potential between buildings and cable
loss etc -vs- cat2fiber and fiber2cat costs.  Can I try it with cat, or
should I just use fiber?

Thanks,

Dale