[K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

dale dalen at czexan.net
Tue Oct 19 19:13:21 UTC 2004

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> We use 100TX-100FX media converters all over the campus here.  I believe
> you are good for 500m over multi-mode fiber with them.  Works without a
> hitch for us.  Doesn't sound like you are talking about much data
Jim,
	What is your opinion on splicing connectors on the end of fiber?  Is
this something end users can now do, or is it still something best left
to a professional splicer?  Also FYI, I found a trendware transciever
for $62
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10333171&loc=101&sp=1

Thanks,

Dale