[K12OSN] #$%@$Student hotmail not working

dale dalen at czexan.net
Wed Oct 20 00:16:23 UTC 2004

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Thank you Dale,  I'm browing there in another tab.  This is interesting
> - a mail server?  cool.  Do you know if I could use my existing nis
> system for sme and it's mail users?

It can probably be done with scripts.  There is a lazy admin addon that
can dump/add users/domains/etc. You could dump sme users and nis users,
diff the lists and add/delete based on diff.  You might want to search
the experienced user forum on contribs.org and post the question there.

> This looks to be more featureful (is this a word) than my IPCop.  Any
> way to get Dansgardian on it?

Yes!  I haven't installed DansGuardian so I can't say if it is easy.
There are instructions at http://www.dungog.net/sme/ and a addon you can
buy to ease installation/maintenence.

antivirus and spamassasin are in howto at http://sme.swerts-knudsen.dk/

http://pagefault.org/ has securemail howto

If you have more questions you can mail me here or offlist.

Thanks,

Dale