[K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.2.0 test build

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Oct 25 04:47:29 UTC 2004

There was a "testing" release of Fedora Core 3 on Friday. The final
release of FC3 is in two weeks, just after I get back from the LTSP
devel meeting in Maine.

I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and put together a
development build of K12LTSP to use at the LTSP developer's meeting.
I could do devel work and QA/testing at the same time ;-)

While this build is somewhat near what the final FC3/K12LTSP 4.2.0
will look like, you don't want to try this in production. This
has only existed for a couple hours now and I've already found
a couple semi-serious bugs (upgrades don't work right is the biggest
one) and up2date/yum don't currently work (no repositories defined).

I also built new qcad and tuxpaint packages. I'll back-port these
to 4.1.x after I've tested them out a bit more.

I'm currently using this build on my laptop & my desktop at home.
I just upgraded my desktop at work as well. So far I'm very happy
with it. If you have a spare test box laying around, don't be too
afraid to give this one a spin.

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.2.0alpha/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.2.0alpha/ .

-Eric