[K12OSN] Thread Hi-jacking

Roger Morris roger.in.eugene at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:08:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:07:08 -0400, John Baillie
<jbaillie at stmarys-school.org> wrote:
> I subscribe to the digest version of this list.
>
> Is there a way that I can reply to a post using the digest
> and not break a thread?
Threads don't use just the subject.  If you reply to a message, there
should be a 'in-reply-to' header that gets added by your mail client.
There is also a 'references' header that lists the other emails in
that thread.  when you reply to the digest, the information needed to
formulate the correct headers isn't there.  You *might* be able to
extract the correct information, but it would be quite tedious, then
you would have to add the correct header information and send your
reply...

Roger
6 gmail invites left.