[K12OSN] Help! Squidguard will not obey the ACLs in the conf file

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:54:00 UTC 2004

Tim, if you are using the squidguard built into the k12ltsp distro,
there should be a script
/usr/sbin/update_squidguard_blacklists
available for you to rebuild the lists automatically.  The side effect
of this script is that it does the rsync and updates all of the
blacklists and rebuilds ALL of the lists which can take some time to
do.

What I did was tweak this update_squidguard_blacklists file to just
rebuild ONLY the local-ok and local-deny files and not download the
updates.  It saves time if you are just editing the local files and
only want to rebuild the database files for just those local ok/block
lists instead of all of the lists, and don't need to do the download
updates right now.

I saved it as rebuildlocal-ok-deny.sh

[root at ltsp40 root]# cat rebuildlocal-ok-deny.sh
#!/bin/bash
date
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-ok/urls
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-ok/domains
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-block/urls
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-block/domains
chown -R squid.squid /var/squidGuard/blacklists/
chown -R squid.squid /var/log/squidGuard/
sleep 5s
/usr/bin/killall -HUP squid
sleep 5s
tail -n 80 /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log
 date
[root at ltsp40 root]#

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:41:58 -0500, Tim Kaldahl
<tkaldahl at maplewoodacademy.org> wrote:
> [...]

Adam Melancon
Work: http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us
Personal: http://www.melancon.org