[K12OSN] How to change desktop?

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Wed Oct 27 18:10:55 UTC 2004

Brab,

  I wanted to accomplish the same thing. I was able to set up
/etc/skel/Desktop with all of the options I wanted. I also removed what
was already there.

I then made a copy of /opt/ltsp/template/k12ltsp/reset-default-desktop
and placed it in /opt/mystuff/. I then edited the script to also remove
the Desktop dir.

I ran into a problem where the "Start Here" option gets created for all
users. I just have an extra line in the above script that removes the
file if present.

I would love to know the correct way to stop the start here link from
being created.

Lewis