[K12OSN] Push Item to Desktop Problem

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Wed Oct 27 18:49:14 UTC 2004

I believe the problem I am having Pushing Items to Desktops is related
to the fact that the majority of my users home directories are NOT
directly off of the Home directory.  Instead they are off of branches in
the home directory

ie:  /home/com30s/user1, /home/com30s/user2, etc
ie:  /home/saps/user1, /home/saps/user2, etc

I tried pushing icons to them and they only appear if their home
directory is off of Home directly.  How could I push them to these other
branches, if possible.  That would be much appreaciated.  Typing in long
urls in 30 copies of the browser is not so hard for junior or senior
high students but takes a prohibitavely long time for elementary
grades.  An icon pointing to the site would be best, and pushing said
icon to every desktop would be the best way of doing that

Please Please help