[K12OSN] rdesktop question

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Oct 27 19:08:30 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 1:31 PM +0000 wrote:
>I'm guessing you are using Windows 2000 Terminal Server?  The licensing
>in 2003 TS is insanely different.  There is "per device" or "per user"
>-- but the "per user" model doesn't work at all.  Nada.  Even with
>windows clients.
>
>Right now, my license is good until January 4th.  If I don't hear of a
>bad reason to switch to using the RDP v4 method, I'll probably just do
>that.  With "per device" licensing, and RDP v4, I get issued permanent
>licenses, not temporaries -- so I guess it's a workable workaround.

I'm using Win 2003 TS as well....and you're right the licensing is
different, but nonetheless....using the command I posted earlier....I've
never had an issue.  I'm assuming I'm running RDP v.4, but not sure as
there's nothing in my command that specifies....I just do it.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us