[K12OSN] Off-topic Ultrasparc in K12LTSP

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Wed Oct 27 19:15:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've had something strange occur while trying to use an Ultrasparc 1
with Solaris 9 as a workstation. I was having some networking problems
with the cable-modem, so I shut down my ltsp server but as I did the
thin-clients logged into the Sparc. I don't quite understand why since
I'm not running NFS shares nor DHCP on the Ultrasparc.

Anyone with more Solaris knowledge that can enlighten me will be greatly
apppreciate. Strange thing is that this is a 167Mhz UltraSparc processor
with 256 MB of memory and it had 20 Workstations logged in. Whereas my
main server is a P-IV 2.8 Ghz with 2 GB memory for the same number of
clients and the Sparc seems to be faster !!!

thks
norbert