[K12OSN] Re: Re: Help! Squidguard will not obey the ACLs in the conf file

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 19:34:48 UTC 2004

Thats ok, just open a browser on the terminal and change the proxy
settings to use the ipaddress of the K12LTSP server, but change the
port to 3128.

If you are ON the server, just change the proxy settings to 127.0.0.1
port 3128 just to test squid/squidguard.

If it starts to block, then you have a problem with iptables not
routing port 80 traffic to 3128
If this is the case, you will need to enter this.

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

This will take any port 80 traffic entering on port 80 on eth0 and
redirect it to squid on 3128 which hands the web traffic off to
squidguard to be filtered.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT), joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
<joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > From: Adam Melancon <adammelancon at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Re: Help! Squidguard will not obey the ACLs in
> >       the conf        file
> > To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
> >       <k12osn at redhat.com>
> >
> > You can check to see if it's even working by pointing a browser to use
> > your squidguard box  as a proxy and set the port to 3128.
>
> I don't have a seperate box acting as a proxy - the ltsp server also has
> squid & squidguard on it.
>
> > Also, you might want to do
> > tail /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log
> > and make sure that you see this
> > 2004-10-27 05:03:56 [5659] squidGuard 1.2.0 started (1098871435.867)
> > 2004-10-27 05:03:56 [5659] squidGuard ready for requests (1098871436.095)
> > If it's not started and ready for requests it will not block sites.
>

> Did that, and found that it is started and ready for requests. It is
> accepting some requests and allowing others throught I thought that would
> be a function of the blacklist ACL, rather than if squidguard is running
> or not, correct? Or am I not understanding?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Joseph

Adam Melancon
Work: http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us