[K12OSN] nfs loads through crossover not through switch

John A. Smith jsmith at breakthroughministries.com
Fri Oct 29 19:57:50 UTC 2004

I was finally able to get this issue resolved (I think...). I'm not sure which of these changes really made the difference, since I didn't do them one-by-one, but here's what I did:

1) Disabled the onboard AMD nic
2) Threw in a generic tulip nic and went into bios and adjusted the IRQ to 3 (I think it was using 10 or 11 previously, which probably conflicts with something on the server)
3) In /etc/dhcpd.conf I added a section for the workstation and defined option-129 like below
(see http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Tecnical:Booting:ISA for further explanation)

     host ws004 {
         hardware ethernet     00:A0:24:A3:14:19;
         option option-128     e4:45:74:68:00:00;
         option option-129     "NIC=tulip";
     }

Worked like a charm at the next boot!

--john smith