[K12OSN] flushing out my backlog... testing for version 4.1.1, followed by

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Oct 1 14:06:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 08:46, David Trask wrote:
> "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
> Fri Oct  1 2004 at 02:40 +0000 wrote:
> > The whole point of K12LTSP,
> >for the most part, is that is bundled all together.
>
> Speaking only for myself.....amen......

Yes, but you are comparing it to gathering all the parts yourself
and configuring them.  Suppose you could instead do one command
to install the configuration/setup scripts and as a side effect
of yum/apt magic it automatically installed all the needed
components.  Then you could install your choice of redhat/fedora
whitebox/centos (sometimes dictated by which works on your
hardware) and give one more command to turn it into k12ltsp.

----
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com