[K12OSN] Include IceWMCP in future releases?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Oct 6 13:41:41 UTC 2004

This question is ostensibly for Eric, but I wanted others' opinions on the
matter, too.  Is there any reason IceWMCP, the IceWM Control Panel, could not be
included in future releases?  I use IceWM most of the time because of its better
performance.  And I don't mind editing the menu and toolbar files by hand.  But
it seems to me that a graphical tool for handling these things would make
K12LTSP more accessible to a wider audience, particularly those who are averse
to editing text files for configuration.  Mandrake for many years included the
IceWM Menu Editor (IceWM ME), which I found to be convenient and a fun way to
test new themes.  IceWM ME has now been absorbed into IceWMCP, which provides
some additional tools.  Allowing admins, particularly those who are new to
linux, an easy way to modify the menu system seems like a reasonable addition to
K12LTSP, especially since Eric must manually add the IceWM to the stock
RH/Fedora.  Thoughts?

Petre