[K12OSN] OT: Anyone got experience of Tomcat (windows and linux)

James Vasey ltsp at regionalservers.com
Thu Oct 7 21:57:14 UTC 2004

MessageAh, I think I might not have explained correctly:

I have History Education CD, which installs a Tomcat and a MySQL server on Windows. It then copies a load of videos and clips and text onto this server.

However we dont have a (permanent) windows server. So i want to create do the installation on a temporary Windows server and then copy the data, from server to server. i.e. like if it was apache i would copy c:\httpd\htdocs directory to the /var/www/html directory.

Whilst I'm ok moveing the MySQL data from server to server, i'm not so sure about the Tomcat...

However as i don't have experience of setting up Tomcat on Linux, I'm looking for help setting it up the Tomcat on Linux. As i cant even see where $catalina_home is, or where it is even meant to be!

James