[K12OSN] North Eastern Conference

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Sat Oct 9 12:18:30 UTC 2004

How about this? Each summer Derek Dresser and I sponsor a conference on
Linux on general (of which a big part of it is K12LTSP/LTSP)  Last year
and the year before we had it at Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine (ski
country).  Beautiful old New England Private School in the Western
Mountains of Maine.  Fantastic food...great times.  We had folks from as
far away as Vancouver!  Derek and I will be seeing each other in a few
days and hopefully nailing down a date for this years conference.  Last
year the cost was $400 for the three days....this included room and
board....the meals were better than any hotel could offer (prime
rib....calamari....micro brews.....unbelievable!)  (be aware the price
could increase a little to encompass increases in costs)  The dorms are
very nice and have high speed internet which made for some really nice
after hours sessions.   We're looking for presenters as well....if ya'll
are interested...let me know and I'll keep everyone posted.....last year
we sold out all 50 slots....we may be able to increase the slots if the
interest is there.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School