[K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 07:38:42 UTC 2004

My school bought its first server over the holidays.
The advice was to get one that did *not* have an onboard scsi/raid.

Our brand new server, however, is an Acer Altos G700 with an onboard
Adaptec AIC-7902W SCSI/RAID controller...

It comes with an A4 sheet saying "... AIC-7902W... is not supported
under Red Hat 8.0"

It's still "in the box" and I was hoping to set up K12LTSP on our new
server over the weekend. (I've been playing quite successfully with K12
on an old PIII and on my Dell laptop too.)

What's the advice/general opinion?
Am I saying goodbye to K12ltsp and hello to windows 2003?

Thanks,

Debbie

P.S.
I'm a web designer turned teacher, so please forgive me when I say that
I have no idea what a SCSI/RAID controller is.
--
http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/