[K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Oct 12 13:22:36 UTC 2004

One idea to consider: if, as Les recommended, you try to install K12LTSP and it
does not work with the on-board SCSI controller, you might just buy another SCSI
controller card and use that instead.  You *should* be able to disable the
on-board SCSI.  That way you can still use the system; it's only the SCSI
controller that's apt to give you problems, so just replace that part,
effectively.  I think you can get a good SCSI RAID controller for about $150,
perhaps less.

Petre