[K12OSN] GDM Timed/Autologin solved

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Tue Oct 12 17:34:24 UTC 2004

I've figured out my GDM issue... just prevent the script from echoing
anything if you don't want that display to autologin...ie:

gdm.conf:

TimedLogin=/usr/local/bin/autologin.sh|

and make autologin.sh so that if the system/display is one to be
autologin, it echos the user to use... otherwise it doesn't say a
thing... and GDM doesn't do a thing.  I used 75% or so of my
setprinter.sh script to pull this off.  So cool!  Back to GDM themes!

BTW, anyone have problems with GDM in graphical mode to thin-clients?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, and a good Columbus day if they had it
off.

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School