[K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Tue Oct 12 22:20:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 04:15:37PM -0600, Mario Guerra wrote:
> I understand why software modems exist. But software RAID?. It's exceedingly
> ridiculous. If you need RAID you need speed and reliability.

No.  The desire for RAID can come strictly for reliability. Speed
is not always an issue. (Although I certainly want it ! :) )

It could also be desired strictly for the speed increase.

--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~