[K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Wed Oct 13 03:47:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 20:30, norbert wrote:
> To keep costs down while still getting a RAID, try the RAID SW that
> comes with linux. Granted it's not a HW RAID but if works very well
> although figuring out how to configure it might be a challenge....

No problem at all in setting up SW-RAID all you have to do is define
first the drives that are going to be used for RAID and then partitions
on the drives.
The standard k12 install gives the option of setting up SW-RAID during
disk partitioning. I just went ahead and used it no problems. Only issue
is that the RAID can be configured with disks of same size or least
sized disk would determine the size of storage.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux