[K12OSN] Java Textbook!

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Oct 13 13:52:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:21:24AM -0600, Steve Monson wrote:
> The *free* on-line book by Bruce Eckles is required reading where I
> work, and is available in print as well.  It's called Thinking in
> Java, at http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/.  It's a very good
> introduction to OOP, and introduces Java classes/concepts with each
> chapter.
>
> I highly recommend it.
Second!

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:19:01 -0400, Burroughs, Henry
> > Does anyone have recommendations for a good Java Textbook with the
> > following requirements (hopefully not mutally exclusive):
> >
> > Cheap for the students (I'm seeing $50-$60 range now) Has a
> > teachers manual (solutions, test generator,etc) Good for both AP &
> > Introduction to Java classes (hopefully book reuse between courses).

 The Eckels book, (see above) is available for $27.25 per copy from
 BookPool.com (My favorite online tech-book store).  Shipping
 costs range from very cheap to "tomorrow morning".  (Your choice)

 http://www.bookpool.com/.x/7intymv9im/sm/0131002872

	Free shipping for any order over $40.  to all 50 states!
	(Even, apparently, Hawaii and Alaska)

DISCLOSURE: I have no business connection with BookPool, excepting
being a satisfied customer.

One feature Bookpool has on their website, that every online-retailer
SHOULD have:  You can set your shipping destination and get a
calculation of shipping costs on your order, BEFORE entering your
credit card info. Nice.

--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~