[K12OSN] Install 4.0.1 kernel panic

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 13 15:12:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:44, Randall Swift wrote:
> I had a similiar problem last year and believe it or not the problem was
> that my cd-rom drive speed was to fast. I installed an older cd drive and
> had no issues.

I have sometimes had trouble with CD's burned at high speeds or on CDRW
media.  Burning at 8x or less would fix it (and make sure the md5sum of
the download is correct).  I usually download the iso images to an
NFS-shared directory on the network and only burn the first one.  If
you enter 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt you can pick NFS as
the install method and point it to the exported server/directory.  It's
faster and you don't have to stay around to swap disks.  You can also
boot with the floppy images if you really have trouble with the CD.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com