[K12OSN] Intrigue !!!!

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sat Oct 16 02:33:47 UTC 2004

HI,

I'm just waiting for the board to actually install it in one school. The
school boards are subsidised by the government and they are all in a
deficit situation. This one board in only 4 million in debt, so when
they launch this SUN - Windows thin-client contraption I'll be more than
happy to let the media in on the costing of SUN servers & M$ licenses
versus K12LTSP.
The teachers love the K12 system, as does the principals AND the kids !
our "lowly P-I 75 Mhz with 64Mb perform as fast as stand-alone P-IV XP
workstations. hmmm maybe there was more to the lawsuit settlement
between SUn & M$ than was published ......

norbert